It’s no question that we are living amidst a global crisis – be it climate change, economic conflict, poverty or global health. These are each pressing issues that have unique demands for solutions (World Economic Forum).
AIM Summit Dubai 2019
Finding and executing these solutions, however, begins with a discussion. November 20-21 in Dubai, the Alternative Investment Management (AIM) Summit brings together world leaders and investors to discuss the latest solutions and ideas in the areas such as, Real Estate, Emerging Markets, Impact Investing, Sustainability, Venture Capital, AI Investments, Blockchain, Fintech, and Digital Assets & Cryptocurrencies.
The summit is being held at Waldorf Astoria Hotel, DIFC Dubai, UAE. This summit will be bringing global leaders together for a fundamental discussion.
“AIM Summit is the leading regional alternative investment management summit gathering and connecting regional investors and managers in the world of alternatives (hedge funds, private equity, venture capital, private debt) with global industry leaders. It is a platform for discussions on investment developments, global market conditions, latest trends and acts as a networking forum for future business opportunities. The only conference of its nature and magnitude organized and orchestrated by the industry in an intimate setup to induce real discussions on the best practices and know-how” – AIM Summit
Topics for Dubai 2019
The topics in previous years of the AIM Summit conferences have focused on the future of energy: beyond renewable, agriculture, as well as global resources. You can also view a snippet of the video here: What is the Future of Energy? AIM Summit Dubai 2018 – Dr. Walter Schindler.
The topics on day one of this year of the AIM Summit Dubai include:
- THE GLOBAL ROLE OF THE US DOLLAR: UNDER THREAT OR UNDERESTIMATED
- SHIFTING GEOPOLITICAL LANDSCAPE & TRADE VOLATILITY IN THE GLOBAL ECONOMY
- THE FUTURE OF IMPACT INVESTING
- THE FUTURE OF PHILANTHROPY
- GCC RISK PREMIA: TO INVEST OR NOT TO INVEST
- INSTITUTIONALIZING FAMILY FIRMS
- FUTURE OF INVESTING IN MAINSTREAM ALTERNATIVES
- THE WORLD OF STRUCTURED PRODUCTS
- THE FALL OF ABRAAJ – WHY ARE WE SURPRISED?
- GLOBAL TRENDS IN PRIVATE EQUITY
- EVOLUTION OF IMPACT INVESTING
- FUTURE OF REAL ESTATE
- FAMILY OFFICES/ASSET MANAGERS – ACHIEVING EFFICIENCIES IN INVESTMENT OPERATIONS
- ALTERNATIVE ASSETS AS WE APPROACH 2020
Some of the speakers include:
- Walter Schindler – Founder & CEO, Transformation LLC & SAIL Capital Partners LLC
- Lee C. Tashjian – Special Assistant to the Chairman & CEO, Fluor Corporation
- Christof Rühl – Advisory Board, Crystol Energy
- David Gibson-Moore – President & CEO, Gulf Analytica
- Peter Rockefeller – Board Member & Vice Chairman, Rockefeller Philanthropy, Advisors, Managing Director, Brock Capital Group
For a full list of speakers click here.
The role of digital currencies will be discussed in some of the panels, but specifically in THE GLOBAL ROLE OF THE US DOLLAR: UNDER THREAT OR UNDERESTIMATED:
“The dollar has maintained a dominant role in global trade and financial markets for decades. It is the currency in which the world’s most preferred risk-free assets – US Treasuries – are denominated, and in which most foreign exchange reserves are held. Over time, however, the dollar may be at risk of surrendering its lead as the pre-eminent reserve currency. Questions are whether the forces of change are strong enough, and what evidence might there be of a dollar decline?”
Keynote Speaker: James McCormack – Managing Director, Fitch Ratings
The 2019 AIM Summit in Dubai will not disappoint with it’s exciting topics, incredible keynote speakers and panelists, and thought leaders in some of the leading industries in the world. Find out more about the summit here: https://www.aimsummit.com/agenda